Yield: 4½ dozen three-inch cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose pour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanila
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease two cookie sheets or line them with Silpat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the water and vanilla. Mix the ingredients until they are just combined.
- Add the eggs and mix them lightly. Stir in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Don’t overmix the dough.
- Drop the cookies 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets using two tablespoons or an ice cream scoop.
- Bake them for 12 minutes or until the edges and centers are brown. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.