Makes 1½ cups
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.